Express Blinds and Curtains Ltd is committed to respecting your privacy whilst providing a high level of customer service. We recognise the need to know that your personal data is being lawfully processed and held in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations. Personal data is any information that relates to a living individual who can be identified by that data and covers the information you may provide to us.
Express Blinds and Curtains Ltd is the data controller of your personal data and we will only collect information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. Our contact details are listed below should you require it.
We may collect information from you when you contact us:-
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone number(s)
This information is collected via our online form, email, over the telephone or in person in our showroom.
Use of Personal Data
We use the information that you personally provide to:
- Process any requests you make
- Provide you with information about products and services we offer
- Visit your home or premises to provide a quotation
- Create an order or quotation on our system
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your express consent.
Transfer of Personal Data
If we intend to transfer your personal data outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first.
Sharing your Personal Data
Express Blinds and Curtains Limited will not sell your personal details to anyone else.
Sharing Personal Data with Other Organisations
Express Blinds and Curtains Limited may share personal data with other organisations in the following circumstances:
- If the law or a public authority says we must share the personal data;
- If we need to share personal data in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (this includes providing personal data to others for the purposes of preventing fraud and reducing credit risk);
- To an organisation we sell or transfer (or enter into negotiations to sell or transfer) any of our businesses or any of our rights or obligations under any agreement we may have with you. If the transfer or sale goes ahead, the organisation receiving your personal data can use your personal data in the same way as us; or
- To any other successors in title to our business.
We will not share your personal details with anyone else unless you specifically request us to.
Express Blinds and Curtains Limited is committed to ensuring the security of your personal data. In order to prevent unauthorised access to or disclosure of your personal data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
How long do we keep your personal information?
If you have placed an order with us, we keep your information for a period of 6 years from the date you arranged the appointment. After that date your personal data is securely destroyed. If you have received a quotation from us, we keep your information stated on paper records for a period of 12 months. All personal data stored electronically will be stored for 7 years.
What rights do you have?
Should you wish to exercise any of your rights please email email@example.com or write to us at the below address and tell us what right you wish to exercise.
In some circumstances we may require proof of ID from you.
- Rectification – Should any of the details we hold on you be incorrect, you have a right to request we rectify the error. Please contact us at the details above and we will rectify any errors.
- Right of Access – You may ask us at any time for information about any personal data we hold about you. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with the details of the information we hold about you.
- Right to erasure – You can ask us to erase your personal data. We will not erase your personal data if it is still required for the purpose for which it was collected or if we are legally obliged to continue processing your personal data. It is important to note if you exercise this right we will keep a copy or a record of your request as it is our legitimate interest to show that you have exercised this right.
- You also have the right to restriction of processing of your personal data and a right to object to processing of your personal data.
- Right to complain to the Supervisory Authority – The Supervisory Authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) and you can complain to them if you are not happy with any aspects in relation to us processing your personal data. Their website is www.ico.org.uk
We want to make sure that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If any of the details are incorrect, please let us know and we will amend them.
How to Contact Us
Address: Express Blinds and Curtains Limited
Unit 5 Aldham Industrial Estate
Telephone: 01226 756111